Can't use shortcuts for Cut, Copy, and Paste

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 14 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ryanba

Post by ryanba »

In PrimalForms 1.1.0, when I try to use the keyboard shortcuts for cut, copy, and paste in the script editor, they do not work. So CTRL + X does not cut when I highlight text, CTRL + C does not work to copy selected text and CTRL + V does not paste text. I believe this worked before I upgraded to v1.1.0. My operating system that I am running PrimalForms on is Windows XP SP2.

Any help would be appreciated as this is really annoying!

Thanks,
-Ryan
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We will look into it as soon as possible.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

We are unable to reproduce this issue. What version of .NET / Service Pack do you have installed?

Thank you,

David
David
ryanba

Post by ryanba »

I have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed with KB953595, KB958484, KB963707 installed as updates and hotfixes.

Thanks,
-Ryan
davidc

Post by davidc »

We are still unable to reproduce this issue. Are you editing a form file or a script file?

Let
David
ryanba

Post by ryanba »

I am editing the script from a form file. Well it doesn't look like these functions are completely broken. I am able to regain the ability to use keyboard shortcuts copy, cut and paste if I create a new form. However in the form that it doesn't work (the one that initially prompted this post), the only functionally that doesn't work is the keyboard shortcut to cut. The other issues were remedy with a reboot.

I have opened this file on a fellow coworkers computer and there too the keyboard shortcut to cut is disable. My theory is that it has to do with something in the file. I will email the file to support@sapien.com so you guys can see if you get the same problem.

Thanks,
-Ryanryanba2009-10-14 13:36:56
davidc

Post by davidc »

Thank you for sending the form file. The problem is caused by the MenuStrip in the designer. For some reason the MenuStrip shortcuts are superseding PrimalForms' shortcuts. We will continue to work on a resolution for this issue.

David
David
ryanba

Post by ryanba »

Ok. I thought that it had something to do with that. Thank you for help.

-Ryan
This topic is 14 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.