MS Hotfixes broke my PrimalForms!

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
trwood

Post by trwood »

Hi,I'm running PF2009 v1.1.9 on Win 7 Ultimate x64. Last night when shutting down, I allowed the MS patches to install (all 17 of them!).After starting this morning, I got a 'missing object' error on starting PF, followed by a warning message in the output box that said 'powershell not installed'.I have recovered by using a restore point created at the time of the patch install, which pretty much confirms one of them is the culprit.Any one else had this, or know which of the hotfixes is responsible?Tom
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

We are aware of the problem and we looking into it.

Thank you for reporting,

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc

Post by davidc »

The issue seems to be isolated to 64bit OS systems. We are continuing to work on a solution.

David
David
trwood

Post by trwood »

Thanks for the update
davidc

Post by davidc »

It seems to function now on my test machines. Not sure, but it may only need a reboot to work or Microsoft may have released another update. Please give it a try once again.
Thank you,

David

David
trwood

Post by trwood »

Hi David,I still have the problem, but have isolated it to the following fix:KB983590http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983590I have disabled this one in my Windows update for now, but would like to know the cause if possible.Tom
davidc

Post by davidc »

I'm not sure what caused the problem, but it now functions on all our test machines as well as with other users and we all have KB983590 installed. Unfortunately I'm not sure what caused it to work again.
David
David
trwood

Post by trwood »

Hi David,Just to let you know, I installed 1.1.10 yesterday, enabled the KB983590 patch in Windows update, and it installed with no problems.Tom
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.