Alternating checkbox

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
R1Johnny

Alternating checkbox

Post by R1Johnny »

Good morning David,Can you please give me a hint for how to ensure that only one checkbox has a check.For instance, if I have two checkboxes, if the first one is checked, then the user decides to check the second box, the first checkbox is cleared? Then, if the user changes their mind again and clicks on the first checkbox, the second checkbox is cleared, ensuring that only one checkbox is invoked.Thanks very much.Regards,John
Ferdinand Rios

Alternating checkbox

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

GUI wise - you should not be using Checkboxes for that type of interface. Use Radio buttons - they are designed to have exclusivity, i.e. only one of a group can be selected at a time. Using Check Boxes for that purpose goes against the normal practice and will frustrate users.
F.G. Rios
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Alternating checkbox

Post by davidc »

It looks like to need to use radio buttons instead of check boxes. It will automatically handle this situation for you. Spotlight on the Radio Button Control David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
R1Johnny

Alternating checkbox

Post by R1Johnny »

Thank you gentlemen. That sounds like the perfect solution.Thanks very much.
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.