Powershell cannot be instantiated

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 12 years old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
mssapien

Post by mssapien »

Here are results from some testing.I have two domain users: internal, externalI have one domain administrator: administratorI have made four builds: Impersonate-Administrator.exe, RunAs-Administrator.exe, Impersonate-Internal.exe, RunAs-Internal.exeI login as external, results:Impersonate-Administrator.exe: Nothing happens.RunAs-Administrator.exe: Error: The directory name is invalid.Impersonate-Internal.exe: Error: PowerShell cannot be instantiatedRunAs-Administrator.exe: Error: The directory name is invalid.I login as administrator, results:Impersonate-Administrator.exe: SuccessRunAs-Administrator.exe: Error: The directory name is invalidImpersonate-Internal: Error: PowerShell cannot be instantiatedRunAs-Internal: Error: The directory name is invalid.The goal is to run Impersonate-Internal.exe or RunAs-Internal.exe (what is the difference?) when logged in external. Both internal and external are normal domain members/users. Internal is also member of some security groups.
mssapien

Post by mssapien »

Update: I installed PrimalForms on a Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 and rebuilt the package when logged in as the domain administrator. The build works fine on the client computer as well. Success!I have not tested whether it was the operative system (Windows Server 2008 R2 x64) or the user (domain administrator) that did the trick.Anyways this fails when building from a regular domain member/user account.
This topic is 12 years old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.