Signing Scripts with PIV card

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 12 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
nctiggy

Post by nctiggy »

Hi, I am trying to figure out if there is a way to sign a script using the certificates on my PIV card. I have tried to export the certs but they do not allow the private keys to be exported. Any help would be appriciated. So far the only tool that seems to work for signing is signtool.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

We are
looking at adding the option to specify an external tool for signing. That
should hopefully resolve your issue.David

David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
nctiggy

Post by nctiggy »

Hi,

I see that the latest version of primal forms allows for third party signing tools. This is great news! Thanks for extending the functionality.

In my testing with this utility I have been encountering some issues. We use Microsofts "signtool" in the SDK to sign with our PIV certs. Below is the command line that is used to sign.

"C:Program FilesMicrosoft SDKsWindowsv7lBinsigntool.exe" sign /sha1 [SHA1REMOVED] /t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll [FILENAME]

When I copy this into the external signing tool and replace [FILENAME] with %file% I end up with a error "The system cannot find the file specified" I have tried many different combinations with no luck. I believe the error is saying that it can not find the signtool exe, but that is the path of the file for sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Try using quotes around the file token: "%File%" Please let me know if this resolves the problem. David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
nctiggy

Post by nctiggy »

Same error.
nctiggy

Post by nctiggy »

Ok, This is my bad and I think it has to do with copying and pasting into the text box. instead of v7.1 in the path there was a |. I am going to try copying and pasting the command again to validate.
nctiggy

Post by nctiggy »

Nope, This was seriously just a typo on my part. I am sorry for the confiusion. Shame on me. This does work great though! Thanks again for the inclusion.
This topic is 12 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.