Exchange PSSnapin

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 12 years and 5 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
kghammonddc

Exchange PSSnapin

Post by kghammonddc »

Hello,

We are trying to figure out the best way to load the Exchange PowerShell snapins.

Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.Admin -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

I tried adding this at the top of startup.pfs, but I can't seem to use any of the Exchange PowerShell commands and the Exchange commands are not showing up n the PowerShell panel or in IntelliSense.

The Exchange Management tools are installed on our development workstation.

Thank You,
Kevin
kghammonddc

Exchange PSSnapin

Post by kghammonddc »

I think we figured this out. We are developing on 64 bit Windows 7.

I had the platform selected to be 32 bit, so I assume it was trying to load the 32 bit snapins. I switched it to 64 bit and now the snapins work and I see them in the panel.

If we are compiling this to an exe, does this mean that whoever runs the compiled exe needs the 64 bit snapins installed?

If we switch to 32 bit platform, I assume that means I need to install the 32 bit snapins to see them in the panel and to use them. This also means that anyone using the compiled exe needs the 32 bit snapins?

Thank You,
Kevin
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Exchange PSSnapin

Post by davidc »

Correct you will the 64Bit Snapins installed in the target machine. You will also need to build the packaged exe to use 64Bit PowerShell. Yes the 32Bit Platform only shows the 32Bit Modules and Snapins. Some Snapins and Modules only exist in 64Bit. Any Modules and Snapins that you use in the packaged exe must be installed in the target machine. David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 12 years and 5 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.