Populate checked listbox

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 11 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
DerekSchaulandMVP

Populate checked listbox

Post by DerekSchaulandMVP »

I have a checked listbox being populated by the following code $grouplist = (get-adgroup -filter * | select-object Name) foreach($group in $grouplist){ $groups.items.add($group)} the box populates but returns @{Name=GroupName} for each line. All the contents are correct. How can I clean up the display to just show the group name?
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Populate checked listbox

Post by davidc »

Try this:$grouplist = (get-adgroup -filter * )foreach($group in $grouplist){ $groups.items.add($group.Name)} David
davidc2012-04-19 14:09:17
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DerekSchaulandMVP

Populate checked listbox

That looks all kinds of better thanks
DerekSchaulandMVP

Populate checked listbox

Hmmm ok.. the plot thickens. Can I get more than one property to display in the list box? Name and GroupCategory?
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Populate checked listbox

Post by davidc »

You can always create a string that contains the information you want.For example: $groups.items.add("$($group.Name): $($group.GroupCategory)") The ListBox is very similar to the ComboBox. I recommend reading our Spotlight article on the ComboBox. David
davidc2012-04-19 15:45:02
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DerekSchaulandMVP

Populate checked listbox

David - thanks again.. Powershell is one of those things that makes sense until you try it, looks like Im all set
This topic is 11 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.