Form (Not Responding) ??

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 11 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
shardison5@gmail.com

Form (Not Responding) ??

Post by shardison5@gmail.com »

I have noticed that when a utility is processing something in the background the Form says (Not Responding) in the title bar and the window greys out. Once the utility finishes it's task the Form updates and shows the completed results.
For example I'm running a task against a list of computers and then updating a listbox with it's progress. The task runs in the background but the form shows Not Responding. When the task finishes against the list of computers the form updates with the status of all the computers. I want it to update the listbox as it runs the task against each machine so I can see some sort of progress in the listbox. When I run the utility in PrimalForms it updates the listbox as I would expect but when running the exe I get (Not Responding). What can I do to show current progress while the exe is running? I have tried putting a 1 second sleep in various places and a form.refresh() after the load-listbox command but they don't help.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Form (Not Responding) ??

Post by davidc »

David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 11 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.