Version 4.5.66 unable to execute queries

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
DiZzyDmon
Has voted: 1 time

Version 4.5.66 unable to execute queries

Post by DiZzyDmon »

Product, version and build: PrimalSQL 2019 4.5.66_112818
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system: Windows 10 version 1803 (OS build 17134.471)
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

Please refer to my previous, never solved, now "Locked", topic "Version 4.4.65 unable to execute queries".

This same problem exists in PrimalSQL 2019.

I am unable to run any new or saved SQL text queries against any database in our Microsoft SQL Server cluster. The "Execute Query" button is always greyed out, unavailable.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Version 4.5.66 unable to execute queries

Post by brittneyr »

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I have read your previous posts regarding this issue and we still have not been able to recreate the issue on our end.
Does the ribbon show the file's connection in Home/Document Connection as grayed out when you are trying to execute your files?
primalsql-ribbon.png
primalsql-ribbon.png (23.47 KiB) Viewed 21373 times
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DiZzyDmon

Post by DiZzyDmon »

Today I went to the trouble of building out a whole new virtual computer, just to see if this problem is due to the PrimalSQL software being upgraded a few times on my existing computers (one physical, one virtual, both have the problem).

It didn't make any difference. I am still unable to run queries.

When I first open the program, the ribbon looks normal (Before.png). As soon as I either open a saved query or right-click a connection and select either "Query with Visual Query Builder" or "Query using SQL Text Only", almost everything in the ribbon greys out (After.png).
Attachments
After.png
After.png (57.79 KiB) Viewed 21329 times
Before.png
Before.png (41.3 KiB) Viewed 21329 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Just jumping in here to let you know we are investigating the issue. The office is closed until January 2nd, so it may take a few days to sort this out, but I thought I'll let you know we don't ignore you :D
Alexander Riedel
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Try opening the start page so that a second document tab is open. Do the buttons enable then?
David
DiZzyDmon

Post by DiZzyDmon »

If I first open the start page (View > Start page), all queries (saved and ad hoc) work.
However did you figure that out?
davidc

Post by davidc »

It was a known issue that has been resolved in the upcoming service release. It was caused by undocumented changes in the UI library.
David
DiZzyDmon

Post by DiZzyDmon »

I upgraded to 4.5.67 just now, the problem is fixed.
Thanks!
davidc

Post by davidc »

I'm glad to hear it. Thank you for the update.
David
This topic is 5 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.