Creating connection to Active Directory

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 14 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
sreimert

Post by sreimert »

Using PrimalSQL 2009 (1.1.2) I am trying to connect to our Active Directory using the OLE DB Provider for Microsoft Directory Services.I can complete the new connection menu with no errors, and I get a successful test. When I set the connection as the active connection, I get the red check mark.However, when I query the database I get a message stating (exactly):"Current provider does not support schema recordets" (note typo).Is there a way to query Active Directory with PrimalSQL?Thanks!
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

This message is generated my the provider and not PrimalSQL.

1. Does this error occur on a particular query or on all queries?
2. Is anything displayed in the database tree? I.e. Tables etc.

Thank you,

David

David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
sreimert

Post by sreimert »

Thanks for the quick response. I understand that the message is passed-through from the provider. In answer to your questions:1) I cannot make any queries at all - I get the message when I try to connect.2) I do not get table or view trees shown.The sequence is basically thus:1) Create the connection (right-click, Create a new connection)2) Select the OLE DB Provider for Microsoft Directory Services provider, then Next.3) Leave Data source empty (or put in domain controller, makes no difference). Leave Location empty. Use integrated security (I'm an Admin -- there are no permissions issues).4) Click Test Connection (succeeds). Click OK. Name connection.5) Double-click connection. Turns yellow, but nothing else happens.6) Select "Set as Active Connection" - also does nothing.7) Select "Query database" - then the "Current provider does not support schema recordets" error comes up. Typo is a little surprising, actually.Let me know if you have any more questions, I'd love to get this working!--Scott
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

We will need to investigate further and we have to see if we can recreate the issue.

Thank you for detailing the steps,

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 14 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.