No results, no information

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 15 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
clubside

Post by clubside »

Howdy,

Just bough PrimalSQL (as the sales page for PrimalScript 2009 implied it was part of the package, only the blog mentions this functionality being removed from PrimalScript). Here is the version information: 1.0.0
I created a connection string to my SQL Server 2005 box (using SQL OLE DB) and proceeded to create a simple query which worked fine. I then modified the query to use an aggregate and when I ran it no results returned. As a precaution I built the same query in SQL Server Management Studio where it ran fine with the anticipated results. I copied the generated SQL out of SQLSMS and pasted it into the PrimalSQL query builder which interpreted it fine but when executed returned no results. I right-clicked on the connection in the Database Browser and chose "Query Database (SQL Only)" and the same thing, no results. Since you don't provide any response window I have no idea what is going on except that PrimalSQL isn't woring.

Any ideas?
Chris Rowley

davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

You should be able to use aggregates if you go to Options (large icon menu) then select "Output" tab and check the "Use Client Cursor" option.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Update: Next service release will address this issue. In the mean time, you will need to use the client cursor option.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 15 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.