PrimalXML schema validation fails

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

With latest XML 2009 I get weird schema validation faliures. I do not get these failures with Visual Studio and other XML validation tools.

Here is a ZIP example that shows two or three modes of failure.

uploads/2497/testme.zip

contains testme.xml and testme.xsd which has been generated fom the xml so it should be an exact match.

Load xml then select validate and choose xsd to see error. If you fix errors as they are displayed the error will just move further into document.

Removing comments fixes one layer of errors but then another set of odd errors occur:

Parser Errors:
MS Parser reported this error:Code = 0xc00ce014Source = Line : 15 Char : 3aError Description = Element content is invalid according to the DTD/Schema.Expecting: txt.
Source text where the error occured:
<attr name="IMPACT" value="POSSIBLE INSTANCE FAILURE"/>---------------------------------------------------------^

Copying items from teh 'Output' Window is extremely unreliable and difficult.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

What OS are you running PrimalXML on?

We tested the schema on our end and it reported no error. Please note that this feature is dependent on the MSXML COM installed on your system. The application is simply reporting the error generated by MSXML.

Thank you,

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

MSXML 6 on XP SP2 with Visual Studio 2008 Pro
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

PrimalXML requires 4.0 to be installed. We tested with MSXML 4.0 SP3:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

David

Excellent - I had SP2 but SP3 was missing for some reason. I think I had to remove it to test a product that wouldn't work beyond SP2.

Thank you - I would have been forever figuring that one out.

This topic is 13 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.