ChangeVue/PrimalScript Connection

Archived Product support for ChangeVue users
This topic is 14 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
bill lammey

Post by bill lammey »

I've set PrimalScript up with ChangeVue as the Source Control provider, and added a web site to source control via ChangeVue. I'm trying to select Tools...Source Control... Connect Folder in PrimalScript and that menu option is not enabled. I'm not able to check out the files via PrimalScript - what am I missing?Thanks,-Bill
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

In PrimalScript, can you confirm under Tools - Options - Source control that ChangeVue is registered as the primary source control provider?
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

Oh...and what product versions are you using?
bill lammey

Post by bill lammey »

I can confirm that Primalscript lists ChangeVue as the primary (and only) source control provider.As to versions:PrimalScript (trial) 5.0.606ChangeVue (trial) 1.0.17 (side-note: there's no about menu in the help section)
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

I'm trying to see if I can duplicate your situation. Is the web site a local folder structure or something from a mapped drive or UNC?
bill lammey

Post by bill lammey »

Local folder set up,Windows XP SP3Made ChangeVue Primary Source Control, restarted PrimalScript, tried with file browser and adding the directory as a new web project, both no-gos as far as enabling Source Control on that folder for PrimalScript. Is it possibly that I added that web directory to a new ChangeVue project prior to trying to link up with it in PrimalScript?
bill lammey

Post by bill lammey »

Postscript:After restarting the computer all seems to be working as it should. Sorry to be a bother - thanks for the help!
bill lammey

Post by bill lammey »

rats - on second thought - no luck. I'm able to connect the folder (in various ways) so now PrimalScript prompts me for the userid/password/repository location when I open a file in that directory. But there is still no way to check out the files (they're status is always "READ" in the status bar) no matter what I try. I'll remove the repository, etc. and try starting from scratch to see if that's a help.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Could you give us the exact folder names for the repository and your local folder?
I will try to set this up as exact as possible.
Did you use another source control system with PrimalScript before?

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
bill lammey

Post by bill lammey »

Thank you both for your help. It must have been some kind of corruption in the repository, caused by me doing something in the wrong order. At this point, using the following steps, it seems to be working properly. When I open a file in PrimalScript, it shows as "CHECKED OUT" and that is reflected in ChangeVue now as well. I wish I could repeat the steps that got me to the bad state for you, but it was amidst installing all the tools, etc. and I don't remember the exact order of things.local folder:
D:/websites/members-dev
repository:
D:/repository/members-dev

No prior source control.

I added the directory to a fresh, empty repository using only ChangeVue, with the above names.
Then I tried to open a file from that directory in PrimalScript, it was READ-only as expected.
I connect to that directory (d:/websites/members-dev) using Tools:Source Control:Connect Folder... in Primal Script.
I'm prompted to ender a Project Name and Repository Path.
I enter members-dev for project name, and leave Repository Path alone: it currently says "[WEBSITES] D:Repository"
(WEBSITES is the name of the repository.)

Then it prompts me for the Username and password for that repository, which I enter.

Then it prompts me with "Would you like to also connect all subfolders" to which I reply "Yes"

At this point a msgbox comes up to say "Your folder is now connected to a source control project."

This topic is 14 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.