ChangeVue / PrimalScript Integration

Archived Product support for ChangeVue users
This topic is 14 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
rodstewart

Post by rodstewart »

Greetings All, I'm not seeing the level of integration that I'm expecting between PrimalScript and ChangeVue. Mainly, if I right-click a file and choose edit from within ChangeVue, I expect PrimalScript to be aware that the file is checked out, but instead, PrimalScript appears to have no knowledge of the file being under source control.If I attempt to perform a check out from within PrimalScript, I don't receive any information at all, including no response from within ChangeVue. ChangeVue is selected as the source control within PrimalScript and I have restarted both. I haven't yet restarted the computer, due to some processes I have running.
Ferdinand Rios

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

"Mainly, if I right-click a file and choose edit from within ChangeVue, I expect PrimalScript to be aware that the file is checked out, but instead, PrimalScript appears to have no knowledge of the file being under source control."

Are you saying that you expect PrimalScript to Launch with the file that you selected inside ChangeVue when you right click on the file and select EDIT? If you go to the Settings dialog, select the FILE TYPES tab, you can assign any extension to open with PrimalScript by putting that extension in the "View With PrimalScript" field.

I am looking into the other issue and will get back to you on that.
F.G. Rios
rodstewart

Post by rodstewart »

Hi frios, Thanks for the response. If I right-click and go to edit, the file does open in PrimalScript (I set it as the default) but PrimalScript has no knowledge of the file being under source control. For example, I right-click the file within ChangeVue, select Edit File. ChangeVue automatically marks the file as checked out and opens it within PrimalScript. Now the file is open under PrimalScript, but the Source Control taskbar doesn't show the file as checked out. It does give me the option to check-out the file, but not to check-in etc...Also, clicking the check-out option doesn't actually check the file out in ChangeVue either. Going to try a quick reboot and see if that helps anything. Thanks for the help.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

In order to see check out files from PrimalScript in ChangeVue, l you have to refresh the project list (F5). In addition if you attempt to edit a file in ChangeVue that is checkout, you will receive a message in the Errors Panel notifying you that the file is check out.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
rodstewart

Post by rodstewart »

Additionally, I receive this message when I attempt to add a file to source control:Description: Stopped workingProblem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: PrimalScriptElevated.exe Application Version: 5.0.607.0 Application Timestamp: 49de7111 Fault Module Name: ChangeVueATLU.dll Fault Module Version: 1.0.22.1 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a4946b1 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000114fd OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6 Locale ID: 1033
This topic is 14 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.