changevue stopped working

Archived Product support for ChangeVue users
This topic is 12 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
bn2hunt

Post by bn2hunt »

I have been using changevue for a couple weeks and it suddenly stopped working with an error of "No repositories could be found. Changevue can not be used without a repository. Do you wish to add a reposititory now?" I click yes and browse to my repository on a netowork share the screen flashes and goes away. I start changevue again and get the same message. I have unintalled changevue and primalscript. Deleted the registry entires and the appdata files and still won't work. Help!!! One of the scripts I had in their is locked read only now and I can't edit it.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Ok, unfortunately by uninstalling and deleting everything you got rid of any chance to find out what actually happened.
You can simply remove the read-only flag from any file that was not checked out in the meantime.

First of all I need to know what version of ChangeView that was, please include the exact build.
Secondly, please indicate where your repository is located. If your files are no a network share, please make sure you still have access. A reboot maybe required to resolve any pending network access problems.
And last but not least, can you specify exactly what you deleted?

For future reference, please always post here first. Uninstalling and re-installing very rarely solves anything.

Don't worry we get it working again.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
bn2hunt

Post by bn2hunt »

I am using version 2.0.32, the repository is on a network share servernamescriptsDan-w_repo, and I have access to the files. The scripts are both on a network share and on the local hard drive. I deleted the following registry entries and folder locations: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARESAPIEN Technologies, Inc.ChangeVueC:Program FilesSAPIEN Technologies, IncChangeVue 2011C:Usersdan-wAppDataRoamingSAPIENChangeVue 2011 Let me know if you need any additional information.
bn2hunt

Post by bn2hunt »

Any ideas on this one yet?
Alexander Riedel

Does this folder get recreated:
C:Usersdan-wAppDataRoamingSAPIENChangeVue 2011
Alexander Riedel
bn2hunt

Post by bn2hunt »

No, the one I deleted is still in the recycle bin. Should I restore it?bn2hunt2011-12-06 10:32:11
Alexander Riedel

No. Could you please export this registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSAPIEN Technologies, Inc.ChangeVue2011
Attach here or email to support@sapien.com
Alexander Riedel
bn2hunt

Post by bn2hunt »

I just emailed the file to support at sapien dot com
bn2hunt2011-12-07 09:58:02
Alexander Riedel

Hmm, nothing arrived here. For emailing purposes please zip the file so it doesn't get filtered out.
Alexander Riedel
bn2hunt

Post by bn2hunt »

I just copied and pasted the contents into an email and sent it. Let me know if you get it and it looks correct.
This topic is 12 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.