ChangeVue 2011 can't find repository

Archived Product support for ChangeVue users
This topic is 12 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

That is ChangeVue that displays that error message.
So the exe is running and there should at least be a FrontEndLog.txt in a SAPIEN folder even if the exe would just start and exit at once.
I will redo the build tonight to display message boxes if folder creation fails and we take it from there.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
StupidSexyFlanders

Post by StupidSexyFlanders »

I thought so. I looked in Task Manager when the dialog was on-screen, but didn't see ChangeVue.exe. It might be that it's appearing only for an instant and I am missing it. Another thing that occurred to me -- I may have defined a custom Temp folder path when I first installed CV. I bet the log file is there. Once I get back to my PC I will check and let you know.
Mike
Alexander Riedel

New build is up, please install and tell me if you see any message boxes.
Alexander Riedel
StupidSexyFlanders

Installed the new build. Added the /l:4 to the executable path (it was apparently set back to default after the update). Ran CV and got the same dialog. Browsed to my local repository and got the error. Went to Task Manager and manually killed ChangeVue.exe.

Went to the default log path and found no log file. Interestingly, the SAPIEN folder itself had a modified date of seconds before -- as if something some file was created. But nothing there.

Does the log file have a fixed name that I can search for? It's possible it was saved somewhere else.
Mike
scotthawks

Post by scotthawks »

Just an FYI, i had this same problem, and fixed mine by running as administrator. Not sure why that fixed it, but it did.
Alexander Riedel

There is a test build with more diagnostics available from
http://www.sapien.com/downloads
Navigate to the Support Files folder and download and install
ChangeVue2011-2.0.36.exe

The log file creation is switched on by default, so you should see something I hope.
Alexander Riedel
StupidSexyFlanders

I installed the lasted build a few days ago and was able to launch CV. I (re)attached it to my existing local repository and now everything is working again. Thanks for your help :)
Mike
This topic is 12 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.