$richTextBox

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: $richTextBox

Post by jvierra »

You still need to place only one breakpoint on that line. If you don't hit the breakpoint then the code is never being executed and the "X" variable is never getting created. Remember that variables are automatic and exisit on ly if they have been assigned.

Programming is more than half about learning to be skilled with a debugger. The debugger is a powerful tool but takes some time to learn.

What you are seeing is because this variable "$global:vm" is empty or null.
obrienc

Re: $richTextBox

Post by obrienc »

Ok, thanks. If I don't answer back in a day or 2 it's because I am trying to overcome this debugger demon... When I find the answer I'll post back.
This topic is 6 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.