AD new user

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
PS12018

AD new user

Post by PS12018 »

Hello all, I am trying to create a form that would allow a user to enter in just the Domain on which AD is associated with, then click a button and the per-determine information I have scripted would fill in when the user account was made in AD.

The first issue I ran into is that Power studio doesn't seem to recognize " New-ADuser." is there another command I should be using?

thanks all
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: AD new user

Post by jvierra »

You have to have RSAT installed and use "Import-Module ActiveDirectory" or be using WMF 5 or have the PSS cache include AD.

First go to the cache editor and be sure ActiveDirectory is checked.
This topic is 5 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.