Include Powershell Modules

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
tdhau10

Include Powershell Modules

Post by tdhau10 »

PowerShell Studio 2018 v5.5.148
On Windows 2012 R2.

First of very new to PowerShell Studio but its helping allot already.

I would like to include the powercli modules in a project build that i can give to our desktop support to create a VM based on some preconfigured options. I would like not have to install Powercli on the target machine.

From what i read so far was to check the box under cache , and rebuild cache. I did this and confirmed that the PowerCLI modules were selected. I must be missing a step to include the modules or i don't understand if you can include PowerShell modules in the exe build so I dont have to have them installed on the target machine.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Include Powershell Modules

Post by jvierra »

You cannot include modules in the EXE. You have to distribute and install modules separately. Some modules can be copied by an installer and others require installation.
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.