Modules Installed Already?

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Reddrgn2
Answers: 1

Modules Installed Already?

Post by Reddrgn2 »

I am working with a trial version of PowerShell Studio 2019. I am following along with training video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAi81bOjYlQ) for creating basic GUI app. I am working on get the ( Get-CimInstance -ClassName Win32_operatingsystem ) inserted correctly. Studio is saying its not a recognized command-let.

When just running basic ( get-module ) nothing is being returned.

Did I miss a step or limited due to trial?

Side note - following along video - I could not resize the "label 1" box using the GUI- had to resize using the properties (change max and min - height/width)
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Modules Installed Already?

Post by jvierra »

You cannot use that command with PowerShell 2. It is only valid in WMF 3 or later.

Be sure to only follow videos for WMF 3 or later when learning forms. PS2 based training can be misleading. PS1 training is even more problematic.

The video specifies W10 WmF 5.1 explicitly.
Reddrgn2
Answers: 1

Post by Reddrgn2 »

Sorry, little confused. The machine I am using for trial is Windows 10, (with powershell 5.1). In the video its win10 and powershell 5.0, so why won't it work?
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Reddrgn2 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:53 am Sorry, little confused. The machine I am using for trial is Windows 10, (with powershell 5.1). In the video its win10 and powershell 5.0, so why won't it work?
Then it is likely that you didn't select V 5.1 in the "platform" selection. Check to see which version you selected. "Home" tab "Platform" group. Select "V5 - 64bit" - or 32 if on a 32 bit box.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.