save as from web download

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 16 years and 4 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ewallste

Post by ewallste »

I have a script that opens IE, navigates to a web page that downloads a csv. This triggers the File Download box.

I'd like my script to click the "Save" button and then enter the file name on the Save As box.

Thanks!
ewallste

Post by ewallste »

How do I associate a variable with the File Download object to use the SendKeys method?
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Here is the only way to save a DOM page to a file automatically. There is no "Save As" for teh DOM. The "Save As" is a function in the IE application which hosts the DOM . It is not easily accessible through "automation".

Look at the following. It should work for any type of file posted to a web site that can be displayed as either HTML or plain text (CSV too).

uploads/2491/XMLHttp2.txt

This topic is 16 years and 4 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.