Retreiving data from an XML file

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 15 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
dtougas

Post by dtougas »

I am working on getting information from an XML file and I am able to reteive some of the data I am looking for. But I seem to be having trouble retreiving data from deeper within the file. Is there a limit on how deep within the file a person can drill in? I would hope not.
I am drilling down six levels (subdirectories) which ever you want to refer. I am rather new to Powershell and pulling info from xml files and would appreciate any insight. Once I retreive all of the data from this xml file I then plan on placing the data into a database. Any ideas or suggetions.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Can you give us an example of what it is you are trying to do.

Are you useing the XML.Load from a file or some other method?

What tools are you using to query the XML? (XPath,XQuery, ADO, etc)
This topic is 15 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.