How to see duplex settings on NIC

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
sekou2331

Post by sekou2331 »

I am trying to see duplex settings on multi computers. I tried using win32_networkadapter and win32_networkadapterconfiguration but i cant get the information I need which is below. Is there somewhere else i have to look.

Link Speed and Duplex(Trying to see if it is set to auto or not)
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

You cannot set that with WMI. It can usually only be done using the manufacturers utilites or with the DEVCON utility.
sekou2331

Post by sekou2331 »

I found a way by using WMI and the registry. Thanks for the help.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Good - this may work with some NICs. Many have an encoded binary in the registry so it cannot be easily done.

In any case it is not really a scripting issue but one of "how do I manage my vendor's NIC?"
This topic is 11 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.