Inventorying using Windows Remoting

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Inventorying using Windows Remoting

Post by jvierra »

juneb1022 wrote:You are a fast powershell scripter. Someday...I hope to tbe that speedy.
Learn the basics cold then get a copy of PrimalScript or PowerShell Studio. With a good editor you can code 5 to 10 times as fast.

I mostly copy, past and global search/replace. I try not to type too ,much.
juneb1022

Post by juneb1022 »

Thanks, what do you suggest I read to get more advanced? I have Powershell In Depth book for 3.0, just received it in the mail last week.
juneb1022

Post by juneb1022 »

Good point on the basics, sometimes its easy to over look important basic scripting. The Posh 3.0 Month Of Lunches should fill in my blanks.

Thanks again.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Hi - sorry I mkissed your last post.

Stay away from the advanced material until you are clear on the basics. Be sure to do every example and learn it until you are sure you understand what is being discussed. This is the best time to ask questions in a forum. Ask about a known example and explain what it is that you do not understand.

Those who fail to nail the basics are forever frustrated by the gods of scripting. They will be misled and confused until they finally grasp the simple stuff. Once that is understand the rest is actually pretty simple. It builds nicely in PowerShell thanks to a very well though out design.
juneb1022

Post by juneb1022 »

Best advice I've had over the last year.
This topic is 10 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.