file/folder drag and drop funtionality

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 8 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
bn2hunt

file/folder drag and drop funtionality

Post by bn2hunt »

I am writing a utility to split text files at a specified line number. I am writing it in a gui script for some of our non-technical staff and I wanted to add a file or folder drag and drop option to the file picker. I seem to remember a blog page on here detailing that some time ago but I can't find it. Does anybody have an example on how I would get that to work? I have the form done using file picker and folder picker but I don't have any idea on how to add in the drag and drop functionality to those text boxes.

Thanks

Dan
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: file/folder drag and drop funtionality

Post by jvierra »

The file and folder picker dialogs don't support drag and drop. You can use it with controls like a textbox control.
This topic is 8 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.