Editing Registry

Anything VBScript-related, including Windows Script Host, WMI, ADSI, and more.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 16 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
robs

Editing Registry

Post by robs »

HelloI wish to modify a subkey in the registry Basically, I need to rename it to something else. I decided to export this part of registry to a text file. In turn, I would open the text file and make the changes. Import the registry as needed.The problem I have is the file itself. Although it seems the file is text, I am constantly getting weird characters when I read them via the objfile.readlineHas anyone seen this. thanks
robs

Editing Registry

Post by robs »

HelloI wish to modify a subkey in the registry Basically, I need to rename it to something else. I decided to export this part of registry to a text file. In turn, I would open the text file and make the changes. Import the registry as needed.The problem I have is the file itself. Although it seems the file is text, I am constantly getting weird characters when I read them via the objfile.readlineHas anyone seen this. thanks
robs

Editing Registry

Post by robs »

How are you using the FSO Opentextfile method?
Hello. it is objfso.opentextfile("c:test.txt",1)
jdelatorre@hfinc.com

Editing Registry

Post by jdelatorre@hfinc.com »

Look into the StdRegProv in WMI. Also, I asked you how you were opening the file using the FSO method because you can open the file as a UniCode file by specifying a certain parameter in the method.
This topic is 16 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.