CreatePerformanceAlertsORcounterLog

Anything VBScript-related, including Windows Script Host, WMI, ADSI, and more.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 16 years and 5 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
shakeer42675

Post by shakeer42675 »

Hello,

Does anyone here know how to create performance alert using vbscript.
I have tried using logman.exe (windows 2003), but found out that I can only create counter and trace logs but not alerts. I also searched the script vault and didn't get any hit. Thank you in advance.

shakeer42675

Post by shakeer42675 »

Hello,

Does anyone here know how to create performance alert using vbscript.
I have tried using logman.exe (windows 2003), but found out that I can only create counter and trace logs but not alerts. I also searched the script vault and didn't get any hit. Thank you in advance.

donj

Post by donj »

I know I don't. Perf Alerts are pretty much specific to the system monitor application, and it's not really set up to be scriptable.

I once tried writing a VBScript that continually monitored a perf counter via WMI, and then sent alerts to me, but the performance and overhead were horrible.
shakeer42675

Post by shakeer42675 »

Thank you.
I am looking for a way to automate this rather than go to the performance logs and alerts to create one. I guess I will have to do it manually
This topic is 16 years and 5 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.