Hide screen untill script is done?

Anything VBScript-related, including Windows Script Host, WMI, ADSI, and more.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 14 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
cancelea

Post by cancelea »

I have a logon script that sometimes takes a bit to finish due to copying new files etc. my problem is I need to hide the screen or better said, stop the user from opening anything untill the script is finished. Is there any code to accomplish this?

thanks in advance.
cancelea

Post by cancelea »

I have a logon script that sometimes takes a bit to finish due to copying new files etc. my problem is I need to hide the screen or better said, stop the user from opening anything untill the script is finished. Is there any code to accomplish this?

thanks in advance.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Control of logon scripts is entirely under the control of Group Policy. See GP settings for hiding of logon scripts.

This is your only option without creating a compiled program that is assigned to execute under logon control.

rasimmer

Post by rasimmer »

Are your scripts running Sychronous or Asynchronous? There should be a GPO setting for this?
Gyorgy Nemesmagasi

Post by Gyorgy Nemesmagasi »

Run logon scripts synchronouslyhttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc975925.aspx"If you enable this policy, Windows Explorer does not start until the logon scripts have finished running. "
Gyorgy Nemesmagasi

Post by Gyorgy Nemesmagasi »

Hi Jim,

Yes, I know if the script hangs up, the logon process freeze.

There is an other GPO setting in the computer part it called
This topic is 14 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.