Update a Sharepoint list using VBSCRIPT via Web Se

Anything VBScript-related, including Windows Script Host, WMI, ADSI, and more.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
ismailc

Post by ismailc »

Thanks, the code is instered in javascript js file.
In my 3rd party app uses stylesheets (xslt), os what i done I inserted a button to executed the js file.

I VBscript, yes the code would be commented out.

I know what i was doing wrong - i will try to get the VBScript example working.

ddmarsden

Post by ddmarsden »

First things first.....

jvierra....MASSIVE RESPECT TO YOU....

For your perseverance and not losing it.

Ismail...Im going to be honest with you.....

Updating a list using the object model is a very very basic requirement and there are a host of examples on the Internet which you can use with very little ammendments required.

Trying to update a SharePoint List using vbscript....WHY???

I mean really.....You'd have to be some kind of masochist to want to do it that way. Especially as it appears you have little or no coding experience. Sorry, just being honest.

If you want to update a SharePoint List using the object model and PowerShell feel free to drop me a line and i will send you code and instructions.

jvierra
Answers: 12
Has voted: 3 times
Been upvoted: 10 times

Post by jvierra »

Thanks all.

I think I can clarify a few things. Part of this is a bit of a defense of Ismailc and part is agreement with ddmarsden/

I admit that in the beginning I was not in favor of using VBScript or Jscript to update SharePoint when the Net Class was available, however; the Microsoft.Sharepoint DLL is not available outside of a SharePoint server except via remoting and WSH script languages do not easily support remoting. Using VBScript/JScript to update ea Sharepont list would seem to be an easy way to overcome this limitation. Well it is and it isn

jvierra
Answers: 12
Has voted: 3 times
Been upvoted: 10 times

Post by jvierra »

I have just posted a completely tested set of examples updating a SharePoint list including querying for the list ID , Updating an item, adding a new item and deleting an item.

I have tested these with PowerShellV2 and Sharepoint 3.0. THe examples should work with all versions of Sharepoint through 2007.

It is possible to find a PowerShell V1 CmdLet that will create a proxy. Withthis the script should also work in V1 although why anyone would not use this as anexcuse to upgrade...
http://www.scriptinganswers.com/forum2/ ... p?TID=3582

Good Luck