Weird VBScript-Sharepoint Conflict

Anything VBScript-related, including Windows Script Host, WMI, ADSI, and more.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
tte1985

Post by tte1985 »

I have a small application coded in vbscript. It has been running fine until a recent Microsoft Office 2010 update. A friend tracked the conflict to Sharepoint. Simply put, no Sharepoint, no problem. Install sharepoint, my application won't run.In my code, I tracked the conflict down to a single line (the bolded one below), but I see no reason why this line should cause the problem (again, working fine until the update.) ReDim contactsOnline(UBound(contactPaths)) It's declared as contactsOnline()It's later ReDim contactsOnline(-1)Here, I'm resizing it to match the size of another array, which has 3 elements.It seems when I try to do anything with this particular array (and there are 3 other similar arrays resized and whatnot without any problems) it conks. I try to start it as a fixed array (Dim contactsOnline(100)) it conks. I try to resize it with a fixed number instead of to another array's size (ReDim contactsOnline(3)) it conks. It makes no logical sense why this array and not others should do this, or why I can declare it, re-declare it at -1, and then not do anything else with it.I could just uninstall Sharepoint again, but this is bugging me.For what it's worth, here's the Windows error message when I run the complete application:Problem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: netmessenger2_1.exeApplication Version: 0.0.0.0Application Timestamp: 4b900caaFault Module Name: StackHash_fd5eFault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b60Exception Code: c0000374Exception Offset: 000c380bOS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1Locale ID: 1033Additional Information 1: fd5eAdditional Information 2: fd5e1090ca80046438fe8c5bc3e2c26fAdditional Information 3: 5fcbAdditional Information 4: 5fcb4ee5fa80075cf546dea713f2bcbe
tte1985

Post by tte1985 »

Okay, I'll try. I code in VBSCRIPT. I can test the script uncompiled, and it will still give the same Windows error. And it is a Windows error crashing my program. The problem started with a recent update to Microsoft Office 2010 (I don't know why. It just did.) So, if my code works before update and not afterwards, should I change my code or the updated program?
This topic is 11 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.