Run As Issue with PrimalScript

Anything VBScript-related, including Windows Script Host, WMI, ADSI, and more.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Parrothead

Post by Parrothead »

I am trying to package a VBScript using PrimalScript 2011's Script Packager. I have created this package before, and it has always worked fine without any alternate credentials. I now need to create this same package, but utilizing the run as option(From the Security tab). I enter the user name and Password, and have tried the impersonate user mode as well as the RunAs user mode. When I run the package created in both of those scenarios, I get the following error: "Cannot run Script, error: THe stub received bad data". Has anyone seen this issue before, or do you know the proper way to package a vbscript into an executable utilizing run as credentials from Primal Scripts Script Packager? Thanks for your help!
Parrothead

Post by Parrothead »

That didn't work either...but the error was a user error. I did not specify the domain as the application was asking me to. Once I did, it worked fine.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Please post product support questions in our product support forum (viewforum.php?f=5). Scriptinganswers.com is for scripting questions and peer supported. SAPIEN employees do not usually check this forum.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 11 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.