How do you create a HTML report from VBScript.

Anything VBScript-related, including Windows Script Host, WMI, ADSI, and more.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
phoshing

How do you create a HTML report from VBScript.

Post by phoshing »

I have 100 QTP scripts (coded in VBScript) and now I have to run a regression test on those 100 scripts. After I finish my execution, I want to pump the results of these 100

scripts execution to an HTML file. I am planning to write a "VBScript function" which will create a HTML file and will place the results of this regression execution in that

file. I am not able to figure out how to create a HTML page from VBScript function. I have the code to create a HTML page and generate tables in it & then insert execution data

into those tables. But I an not able to associate this code to my VBScript Function.

For more clarity, please find below the pseudo code:

Call Sample(strScriptName, strScriptStatus)

Function Sample(strScriptName, strScriptStatus)

'This line of code should enable me to write HTML tags
<html>
<head> Test </head>
<body> Summary

<tb> "Data will come here" </tb>
</body>
</html>

End Function

This function will not work, because VBScript does not recognize HTML tags. I am stuck here now. I am unable to find that code which will embed these HTML tags within my

VBScript function.

Please help !!!
This topic is 11 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.