HTA to map drives

Batch, ASP, JScript, Kixtart, etc.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 16 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
dafinch

HTA to map drives

Post by dafinch »

I'm looking to make an HTA for our users to map network drives from home. The problem I've run into is that the method I use in vbscript to map drives users wscript. Anyone have a suggestion on how I can do it another way?

jhicks

HTA to map drives

Post by jhicks »

Is there a reason you are using an HTA for the logon script? Is there more to the script than mapping drives? Is this something the user is manually initiating or is this some sort of VPN logon script that might delivered through group policy? You clearly have a business need beyond a simple network based logon script. The more we can understand, the more we can get you pointed in the right direction.
dafinch

HTA to map drives

Post by dafinch »

This is something I would like to distribute for my users at home. Here at work we use GPO's to run login scripts to map the drives for them. I'm trying to write an HTA that they can run which will give them options for mapping different network drives from home where their machines are not joined into our ADS domain. The users would be connecting via VPN before this would be able to work.

So far the HTA is working pretty well using

CreateObject("WScript.Shell").Run

to initiate a NET USE to map the drive. Now I want to add some error checking, which is what I'm working on now.
This topic is 16 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.