Displaying AD info

Batch, ASP, JScript, Kixtart, etc.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 16 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
daerne

Displaying AD info

Post by daerne »

I am using LDAP://RootDSE to connect to my local Active Directory. I am assuming that it connects to my master server's active directory database. I was wondering how do you connect to a particular's servers AD (some of our servers aren't replicating and need to display its data)? I was going to use LDAP://DC=XX,DC=com to try and test connect...if someone can give me pointers, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,Daviddaerne2008-04-10 08:55:07
daerne

Displaying AD info

Post by daerne »

Is alexandrelobao, the name of your server and why does localhost:389, need to be added?
daerne

Displaying AD info

Post by daerne »

I'm getting errors when trying to connect. Just want to verify that this will work with the syntax I'm using:

Set objRootDSE = GetObject("LDAP://bocnet00:389/DC=contso,DC=com")strDNSDomain = objRootDSE.Get("defaultNamingContext")
daerne

Displaying AD info

Post by daerne »

The error code being kicked back is "The directory property cannot be found in the cache".
daerne

Displaying AD info

Post by daerne »

Yes, sir...I had one more line of code to try to display the data, but I've completely removed everything.
donj

Displaying AD info

Post by donj »

Huh. Weird. I cannot make it break on my machine.
donj

Displaying AD info

Post by donj »

Cool!
This topic is 16 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.