HTA Error about IE Safety Settings

Batch, ASP, JScript, Kixtart, etc.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 12 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
myitguy

Post by myitguy »

We ran into a similar error when the HTA's Properties page showed the Unblock button. Selecting to Unblock resolved the issue.HTH
myitguy

Post by myitguy »

Thank you for your reply.Stating what the Unblock button is does not make a difference. The reason for posting a reply to any question is so that users have an area to look for resolution. The Unblock button is the area (for my case anyway). Maybe that answer can assist someone else looking for the an answer to the same; 3 years old or not.Feel free to reply to every topic to boost your post count. ;)
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Note that teh properties you speak of are not HTA properties but are properties of the file object in Windows Explorer.

This is correct and it may give you that error when teh HTA is first launched. That was not the case in this post. The issue here was caused by some content in the HTA trigerring the unsafe alert which is a completely different issue.

Note that the OP points to a particular function that raises the error. If the issue was caused by the blocking of the file we would never hav egotten to teh function.

Thisis why I am trying to get your attention. You have a possible solution but you have not fully understood the initial problem. Just piggy backing on a topic 3 years late with a question that does not ddress the issues of the topic is bad form in a forum. That is why I suggested starting a new topic. YOu seemed to need to understand why your anwer wasn't correct.

I hope you understand now. Go back and read teh whole thread very carefully. You ill learn many new and fundamental Windows bits that you might find useful in the future.

If you still have questions please open a new topic with a specific question. There is also a forum here for general discussions about posting if that is what you think is needed.

This topic is 12 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.