Robocopy - ignore the Folder NTFS Permission

Batch, ASP, JScript, Kixtart, etc.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 13 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ccs1981

Post by ccs1981 »

Dear all,
i am facing a problem to write the coding robocopy.i want do a fully backup from 1 storage server to another server. however i want to skip copying NTFS permission for every sharing folder.it is because, i share the folder with local group user.
i merge the backup server as Z drive;below is my robocopy coding:
robocopy D:HV_Design z:HV_Design /copyall /E /R:O /w:5 /r:5 /PURGE
i use copy/all, therefore the NTFS permission also copy together. how to skip the folder security permission? i only want to backup the folder content only.
please help. appreciate to get your reply soon.
thanks.
Best Regards,
ccs1981

Post by ccs1981 »

Dear all,
i am facing a problem to write the coding robocopy.i want do a fully backup from 1 storage server to another server. however i want to skip copying NTFS permission for every sharing folder.it is because, i share the folder with local group user.
i merge the backup server as Z drive;below is my robocopy coding:
robocopy D:HV_Design z:HV_Design /copyall /E /R:O /w:5 /r:5 /PURGE
i use copy/all, therefore the NTFS permission also copy together. how to skip the folder security permission? i only want to backup the folder content only.
please help. appreciate to get your reply soon.
thanks.
Best Regards,
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

/COPY:copyflag[s] :: what to COPY for files (default is /COPY:DAT).(copyflags : D=Data, A=Attributes, T=Timestamps).(S=Security=NTFS ACLs, O=Owner info, U=aUditing info).
This topic is 13 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.