Splash Form

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
localpct

Splash Form

Post by localpct »

Hello,

I'm trying to add a splash form because on first run my application takes about 10 seconds to run but after that it's about 2 seconds

My problem is that it runs through the entire script without the splash form showing then it shows my main form. This happens inside PSStudio and on my desktop. So obviously I'm coding something wrong and I'm looking for help.
PC Toolbox - Splash - Share.psf
(174.54 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
dan.potter

Re: Splash Form

Post by dan.potter »

zip the project and attach it. I can't do anything with just the single form.
dan.potter

Post by dan.potter »

fixed partially. Get your form design in order before you start coding the rest. I probably wouldn't do this at all because it's going to run so quick you would barely see it based on the data you're retrieving, maybe use the status bar.

In the toolbox on the left check out the run process example. search here for 'JTanimated' and research jobs and timers. I put sleep in there just for a visual.
sapienmfproject.zip
(277.41 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
localpct

Post by localpct »

dan.potter wrote:fixed partially. Get your form design in order before you start coding the rest. I probably wouldn't do this at all because it's going to run so quick you would barely see it based on the data you're retrieving, maybe use the status bar.

In the toolbox on the left check out the run process example. search here for 'JTanimated' and research jobs and timers. I put sleep in there just for a visual.

sapienmfproject.zip
Thank you so much for the response. I also noticed you help me with my PCTEMAIL :D

Remember on the first time someone opens the application it takes about 10 seconds to do everything. That should give enough to show the picture box.. It just seems to freeze.

I've removed the textbox for a statusbar but still having the image not load
dan.potter

Post by dan.potter »

I don't understand the question. The project I attached loads the child form with picturebox.
jazz albert

Post by jazz albert »

still confused.
This topic is 7 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.