Search as you type

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
dan.potter

Re: Search as you type

Post by dan.potter »

see here, I had to modify some of the code to get stuff loaded into the datagrid.

You are declaring the the datatable is $ProcessesDT but you used $DT in the text changed event. Consider refining and removing redundant code.
ADupdaterHelp.psf
(30.38 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
alvalenz79

Post by alvalenz79 »

Thank you for the modification script visually seeing the changes helped clear things up.
jazz albert

Post by jazz albert »

alvalenz79 wrote:Is there a way to filter as you type? I want the function to search my datagrid without using a button.
It can be done but it will not be responsive as much as it should be!
alvalenz79

Post by alvalenz79 »

@ Jazz

Thank for your chime Jazz they people here have been a great help. I was forewarned about the possible undesired performance but I have around 300 users and it works perfect for what I need if for.

Thanks
This topic is 7 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.