WebBrowser Object and Java

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
swindmiller

WebBrowser Object and Java

Post by swindmiller »

I am trying to add the webbrowser object to my GUI to open a website and it keeps giving me java errors.

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks,
Scott
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: WebBrowser Object and Java

Post by jvierra »

Do you mean the web browser control? How are you adding it that causes it t throw errors?
swindmiller

Post by swindmiller »

I basically just created a new form, dragged the web browser control to that form and filled in the URL property. When the form loads and tries to load the URL the page throws java errors and shows up weird.
I read somewhere that it was trying to run in compatibility mode and I would need to change the "feature controls" or something like that.
Was hoping you would know how that was done :)

Thanks!
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Internet explorer does not support Java. The default settings do not allow Java to run. If you have installed Java it may work in another Browser but must be installed specifically for IE.
Alcha212

Post by Alcha212 »

This article from Microsoft might help you out with installing Java specifically for IE:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... stall-java
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.