Menu strip faded transition effect

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
daniel kusnir
Answers: 1

Menu strip faded transition effect

Post by daniel kusnir »

hello.

when i change back color of menustrip from white to different and to white again, it loses transition efect. Anyone knows how to prevent that from happening ? I tried all 3 render modes, however that does not solve this behavior

thanks
Attachments
transition.PNG
transition.PNG (4.85 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
no_transition.PNG
no_transition.PNG (3.76 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Menu strip faded transition effect

Post by jvierra »

The two pictures are identical. Without a code example it will be hard to understand what you are seeing.
daniel kusnir

Post by daniel kusnir »

Hello

i attached code sample. When you check back color of menu = Gray. However looking at the right, there is a nice gradient to white. Changing the color will have same effect as changing renderer to System
Attachments
transition.PNG
transition.PNG (6.29 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
Change_theme.zip
(25.56 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

What you are seeing has nothing to do with PowerShell. Apparently you are using a custom theme in Windows. If you make any changes to the control rendering the custom desktop theme will be over-ridden.

I have no desktop customizations loaded so I cannot reproduce your issue.

In script or PSS there is no way to change this behavior.
daniel kusnir

Post by daniel kusnir »

i see. This is same for c# as well. i guess i will have to search for different approach. Thanks for your help
This topic is 4 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.