Web Browser

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
boyddt_co

Web Browser

Post by boyddt_co »

I am creating a site checking application using Powershell Studio and I have a need to open a browser to get location services from google. For reasons I don't understand our corporate techs like to change routing so depending on the day my location might be Frankfurt, Penang, Dallas or Anchorage. The browser would pull up the weather app just so that we can verify what is wrong with our network. The primary part of the app runs through a config file of sites to check; internal servers and their ports, internal and external web sites using portqry. I can also get the app to open the browser but it halts the rest of the script in the main app. Is there a way to open the browser in its own thread and allow the main window to continue checking sites?
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Web Browser

Post by jvierra »

When you start IE it will not stop the script from executing since it is a GUI app. "portqry" will block so it must be run as a job.

See: https://info.sapien.com/index.php/guis/ ... sive-forms
boyddt_co

Re: Web Browser

Post by boyddt_co »

Thank you, I will check it out.
This topic is 2 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.