PowerShell Studio Windows Form Application and Powershell.exe

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ClipperXTP

PowerShell Studio Windows Form Application and Powershell.exe

Post by ClipperXTP »

Can anyone clarify how a compiled Windows Form Executable actually runs under the hood with PowerShell Studio?

I don't see it launching powershell.exe when it launches but I can see all the powershell code it runs in the Windows PowerShell logs in the event log.

Is it emulating powershell or how does it work?

I may need to start adding signature blocks to the end of all my .ps1 scripts.

However, when I set my powershell execution policy to allsigned, I don't have a problem running my unsigned Windows Form executable deployed by PowerShell Studio.

thanks
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PowerShell Studio Windows Form Application and Powershell.exe

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Please ask product support questions in the designated product forum. In order to be eligible for support a license must be associated with your account.
If your account is not associated with your license for some reason, please contact sales@sapien.com for assistance.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
ClipperXTP

Post by ClipperXTP »

Hi Alexander

thanks for your reply. Which is the correct forum? I chose chose PowerShell Studio GUIs as it is a Windows Form related query.

thanks
Alexander Riedel

It would be the PowerShell Studio forum (viewforum.php?f=12) in this case. Please note that the support forums are only accessible to licensed users.
Alexander Riedel
ClipperXTP

Post by ClipperXTP »

Thank you. Yes I am a licensed user of PowerShell Studio 2019.
Alexander Riedel

Your user id has no license associated. Please send your activation key to support@sapien.com (Don't post it here) so we can associate it with your account.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 2 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.