Timer Control to Monitor Connection

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
typody

Timer Control to Monitor Connection

Post by typody »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: 5.8.195
Operating system: Windows 11
PowerShell version(s): 5

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

Hi, I have a GUI that connects to Office 365/Exchange Online to perform actions against mailboxes on there. I have a button that performs the connection/asks for creds etc and a light that turns green when a connection is established. I would like a background process to check that connection to 365 is still up and turn the same light red to notify the user. Is a timer control the best tool for this job?

Thanks.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Timer Control to Monitor Connection

Post by brittneyr »

[Topic moved by moderator to PowerShell GUIs forum]
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Timer Control to Monitor Connection

Post by jvierra »

A timer as opposed to what other methods or controls. Your question is ambiguous. How can you know you are connected at any time? What is your connection method and do you have a connection object?
This topic is 2 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.