Problem with button1_click

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 years and 4 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
bicarbonate

Re: Problem with button1_click

Post by bicarbonate »

Thanks and I will def take a look through the links your posted. FWIW I got most of my script to work, I wound up deleting the Project and creating a new blank Form.
Then each textbox and button, and datagridview, I added to the design I double clicked on afterwards.
I then added the powershell code to the buttons and now a Search does return the username specified in textbox1, the changing of the department, manager and job titles work.

I assume my datagrid was not being called or loaded correctly.

But yeah.. I am very green on using an IDE, I always stuck with using the scripts in cmdline, but stumbling upon an ad for Powershell Studio the other day peaked my interest and here I am.

thanks again!
This topic is 10 years and 4 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.