Checking script versions not working. Nor is compair

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
smurphy0822

Checking script versions not working. Nor is compair

Post by smurphy0822 »

Product, version and build: VersionRecall Version 1.5.136
Version of product: 32bit
Operating system: Windows 10 64 bit

When I open VersionRecall and attempt to check script versions or compare scripts, I get the attached error.
"The VersionRecall try application is currently updating this folder or repository. Please try again later."

No matter how long I wait, I always get this message. VersionRecall is useless at this point.

Thanks,

Sean Murphy
Attachments
VersionRecall Error.jpg
VersionRecall Error.jpg (128.35 KiB) Viewed 12407 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Checking script versions not working. Nor is compair

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Looks like a misconfiguration. Can you email the .recall file to support@sapien.com please?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Checking script versions not working. Nor is compair

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Thanks for the files. First of all you put your repository in a subfolder underneath your source files. There are steps in the software to prevent that, so I will look into how you managed to do that.
That basically causes a recursive race as you modify files underneath the repository which cause it to replicate those file and then replicate the replicated files ad infinitum.
The tray up will never get finished. So I would recommend to terminate that at once until you relocate your repository.

If your files are in C:\USD Scripts, your repository should be on a different drive. if you have no network server, NAS or something like that, then put the repository on a cloud drive (not Microsoft OneDrive) like DropBox.
But make sure the source and repository folders are not related.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.