Repositories Not Updating on New Server

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ssr025

Repositories Not Updating on New Server

Post by ssr025 »

Product, version and build: VersionRecall 2015 1.0.120
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows Server 2016 Standard
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

I moved VersionRecall 2015 from one server to another earlier this year. On the old server I had scheduled repositories to be updated at 6pm daily. I noticed on the new server that repositories are not being updated daily. On the old server, I'm seeing the Ribbon->Tools->Service->Settings menu but on the new server I'm not seeing the Settings menu. What do I need to do to correct this?

Thanks, Steve
Olga_B
Site Admin

Re: Repositories Not Updating on New Server

Post by Olga_B »

Hi Steve,

What version of VersionRecall did you install on new server? Is it the same as on old?
ssr025

Post by ssr025 »

It looks like the old server has VR 2015 1.0.123 installed, although I'm also getting a Product Updates Are Available window on that server showing the installed version is 1.1.27.
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

What version do you have on this server

' ...I noticed on the new server that repositories are not being updated daily...'

In 1.2.131 (2016 release) the service was replaced with system tray application. Check Ribbon/Tools. There is System Tray tab and Settings
ssr025

Post by ssr025 »

On the new server I'm running 1.0.120. The Tools menu looks like this:
VR.jpg
VR.jpg (17.88 KiB) Viewed 16028 times
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

Yes, this is to old.

The Ribbon->Tools->Service->Settings was added in build 1.0.123

This is from the log
Add: Service log and settings now accessible from the Tools tab in the ribbon instead of the backstage menu

You need to update at least to that build
ssr025

Post by ssr025 »

I updated to 1.0.123 and the repositories seem to be updating now. Thanks for your assistance.
This topic is 4 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.