Licence key expired!! ??

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 7 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
rglaettli

Licence key expired!! ??

Post by rglaettli »

Dear Sapien Team,

Powershell Studio just offerd me an update and i aceppted it!
Now Powershell Studio tells me that the licence key has expired!

I expected that The Product will function and and after License is expired we will not obtain updates any more.
Instead we got the "update of death" ... can not continue to work.

Budget for this year is used.. How can we go back to the last version that our key is valid for?

Why does Powershell Studio offer Updates that Invalidate The key instead of stating: "You are not allowed to
get updates any more because key has expired" ??

You just crippled our productivity!

Regards
Rolf
rglaettli

Re: Licence key expired!! ??

Post by rglaettli »

To clear that.. We had the Update to version 2016 during the period where our Key was still valid.. so we had a legal Copy aof the 2016 Version running.
Now need to downgrade to 2015? This is not fair!

We paid for 1 Year of updates in last october.
So we can not accept to have to downgrade to a version prior to the end of our upgrade period..

We are loosing productivity time now.

Upgrade is planned for early 2017
rglaettli

Post by rglaettli »

finally found the Version from Septempet 2016 and its working again.

But this is a very anoying procedure.
my coworkers all hit the same Issue.

Itt sould not be able to auto update to a version where the key is not valid any more without
without warning and gettin explicit agreement. Lost half a day.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Our update tool never updates anything automatically, you always have to manually acknowledge the download and/or install.
It also displays your license status and any updates not covered by your license are not checked by default.
You would have needed to check them manually to download this update.
2016-11-22_8-17-42.png
2016-11-22_8-17-42.png (119.41 KiB) Viewed 3964 times
You can *ALWAYS* go to your SAPIEN account page and download the last version your expired subscription entitles you to.
You can also check on your account page what your license status is and what upgrade options are available to you.

Last but not least, if you accidentally install an update that is not covered under your subscription, a simple uninstall and
install of the last covered version will resolve the situation. All settings will be preserved and no data is lost in such a case.
The uninstall/re-install in such a case takes only a few minutes. Once again, the last version licensed to you is always
available from your SAPIEN account page.

While checking your account, I verified that 3 emails where sent to you to inform you of the pending expiration of your subscription
and one email was sent to inform you of the actual expiration of your subscription.

Please make sure that you can receive email send from sapien.com, otherwise you would need to check on your license status manually
on your account page or in the column "License status" of the update tool.

If you have any suggestions on how we can make this more clear or transparent, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.