Virus in the Sapian folder after update to lasted build?

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 7 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Latupho

Virus in the Sapian folder after update to lasted build?

Post by Latupho »

Hello Support

I updated Sapian Powershell Studio yesterday, and noted to day, that my BitDefender have given me a warning yesterday, about a virus in the folder of Sapian. Please see screen dump, file attachment
Screen dump of the virus information.
Screen dump of the virus information.
2017-03-04 13_19_25-_ Virus in sapian software.png (55.85 KiB) Viewed 1789 times

Can you guys helping me sorting this out please? ATM I don't have more information then what there is in the screen dump.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Virus in the Sapian folder after update to lasted build?

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We continuously monitor and scan our software and computers for virus and any other other kind of malware. So far, in all cases, reports like this have been false positives.
However, we do not know nor control what happens on your machine. So it is prudent for you to take the allegedly infected file and upload it to your anti-virus
provider for verification. They usually have a dedicated page on their site for this sort of thing.
They can then ultimately tell you if it is a true infection or just a pattern matching false positive.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.