re. activation/reactivation

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 6 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
LtMandella

re. activation/reactivation

Post by LtMandella »

Hi Folks,
I do have a hopefully useful suggestion for making the activation/reactivation process less onerous for we customers - although it will require some investment on Sapien's part.

How about an online activation/retire/reactivation tool? Other products I use have this.
The big advantage I see for users is obvious: immediate self-service.
Advantage for Sapien: support/sales folks probably could make better use of their time.

A decent online system should still be able to protect Sapien from piracy and license violations.

Regardless, pstudio is a GREAT help to me in my work, please keep up the great work.

Lt
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: re. activation/reactivation

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Working on it. As you can imagine it requires a few parts to work together and we still need to support those whose machines are not connected to the internet at all.
But as I said, working on it. :D
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
LtMandella

Post by LtMandella »

great, thanks again!
LtMandella

Post by LtMandella »

Will it support "white list" logic?
In other words, I can enter the id of the machines I want to use to host the app and I don't need to know the machine ids I want to retire/deactivate?
This way I can "lose" access to a machine (hard drive crash, smashing laptop on the floor, replace machine, etc.) and still be able to retire/deactivate...

ken
This topic is 6 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.