cannot reach activation server

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
DSec_ID

cannot reach activation server

Post by DSec_ID »

having an issue with activation server. seem to be having several products unable to reach activation server. PrimalScript,XML,WMI. others in the suite are launching without issue. seems i was able to launch PrimalScript just fine the other day. not so much today. been a couple hours trying.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: cannot reach activation server

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Seems odd that one would work and not the other. I will investigate....
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DSec_ID

Post by DSec_ID »

OK... Thanks

FYI: another user finally returned who also has a separate license and getting same issue accessing activation site. both of us been using PowerShell studio without issue :)
i was incorrect earlier. i have not used primal script for some time so not sure when the last time i used it. probably 3 weeks or more.
Alexander Riedel

Ah ok, our log does not show any activity on PrimalScript for your subscription.
So it is probably true that it could not reach our server.
Do you have a proxy in between you and the internet?
Alexander Riedel
DSec_ID

Post by DSec_ID »

we do have a filter allow for sapien.com. do you have specific recommendations? other settings?
I was able to register the software at some point but not connecting now. i don't think anything has changed on our side but evaluating logs for issues in case.

thanks for the help
Alexander Riedel

The only thing I could think of is that your side had an update to move from TLS 1.1 to TLS 1.2
I am not sure what exact protocol is used, I will investigate
Alexander Riedel
DSec_ID

Post by DSec_ID »

we are updateing TLS but still supporting 1.2 and some legacy 1.0 (cring :( ) but that was not the issue in this case.

identified the issue on our end: long story short :idea:
from a package capture, discovered the connection attempt to godaddy where our filter was blocking as 'warn'. after switching over to allow, both users are able to launch all of the suite as expected...

thanks for the assistance
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.